Mai Tais at Sunset

So I have one final favorite that I want to share with you this Mother’s Day. Here’s a hint…it includes mai tais at sunset.

If you live near Pacific Beach, you are probably familiar with the annual summer luau party that the Catamaran Resort hosts. You don’t have to be in Hawaii to feel like you’re on vacation. The Catamaran luaus are pretty authentic and are definitely a great way to spend a San Diego evening.

From the moment you step foot onto the grassy lawn that overlooks Mission Bay, you’ll be serenaded with tropical music, greeted with colorful leis and handed your soothing cocktail. After the ceremonial entrance of the pig, a fabulous buffet of fresh salads and fruits, Kalua pig, pork loin, miso glazed salmon, guava chicken and assorted rice and vegetable dishes awaits you.

While you feast, you’ll enjoy the sounds of the South Pacific and authentic dances and stories of the islands. As the sun goes down, the fire dancing begins, delighting all ages.

The Catamaran Resort Summer Luaus start in late June and run through August. There are generous discounts for military, and their children are invited to attend free. But readers of The Mom’s Guide to San Diego have the chance to win a pair of tickets to the Tuesday evening luau of their choice. (an $116 value!)

To enter to win, simply reply here with how you are planning to spend Mother’s Day. This prize will be awarded to one reader this Sunday!

14 thoughts on “Mai Tais at Sunset

1. Kathy Austin says:

Ahh! I’m so excited! This turns my day around! 🙂

2. Jennifer says:

Congrats to Kathy Austin who won two tickets to a summer luau at the Catamaran Resort! Thank you to everyone for sharing how you will spend your Mother’s Day. I hope it has been a terrific one for all!

3. Kara says:

I am planning on spending Mother’s Day with my two favorite kids in the entire world and with my husband that made it all possible! 🙂 We had our wedding reception at the Catamaran…….good memories! Love the Catamaran!! Happy Mother’s Day!

4. Britnie says:

I plan to spend Mother’s Day sleeping in and then just enjoying the day with my husband and son!

5. Kathy Austin says:

Just spending the day with my son. Hubby is deployed so no one to pamper me. It will just be a regular day.

6. Kari says:

We love the luaus at the Catamaran! Happy hour at the Catamaran and the free fire dance show is also a great way to spend an evening for under $20. 🙂

For Mother’s Day, we are having brunch and dinner with my husband’s family. Not sure what else! 🙂

7. Diana H says:

I plan to spend mother’s day with my daughter (8), my son (4mo) and my husband. The details are a surprise, but whatever we do I know it will be fun!

8. Bella Clips says:

What were those two guys transporting? This Mother’s day, gonna spend them with my hubby in the park with my little princess!

9. Virginia says:

I plan to spend the day with my 2 wonderful daughters and husband and we’re having my mom over for dinner.

10. i plan to spend the morning with hubby at church after he gets off night-shift work and then he goes to bed at noon. then off with the kids to somewhere fun – ice cream is always a winner. this Luau event would be an amazing date with the hubby on one of his Tuesdays off =)

11. Liz F says:

I plan to spend Mother’s Day with my two sweet girls & hubby at the zoo!

12. Jasmine says:

This Mother’s day-I plan on hosting a lunch for my mother and mother-in-law. Both of whom do so much for myself, my hubby and our children. Yes, it means cooking and cleaning when I technically should be relaxing, but I know one day I will hopefully get the same treatment from my wonderful son (3) and my amazing daughter (4). It’s the circle of life!

13. Michelle Nanos says:

This mother’s day we plan on going to Sea World! But only after this momma get’s to sleep in! lol!

14. Michelle says:

I plan to spend Mother’s day with my two favorite little girls in the whole world. They are the ones I treasure most, and the ones who value me the most. I live for them and they are my presents!