Say Cheese, Santa

Although I have a soft spot in my heart for pictures of my kids crying on Santa’s lap and other less than perfect holiday moments…

I think today my kids would probably notice Santa’s “belly.”

There’s nothing like a great photo with Santa.

You can find this Santa in Frontier Land at Disneyland’s Jingle Jangle Jamboree.

When my friend Brandi posted this picture of her kids visiting “The Santa Lady” at Seaport Village, it got me thinking about the best places in San Diego for Christmas photos.

The Santa Lady is located at Seaport Village

La Mesa’s Christmas in the Village takes place next weekend, and we love visiting Santa at his workshop.

We enjoyed our time with Santa on the North Pole Limited this past weekend.

And the amazing “Santa House” will be opening in Rancho Bernardo on Monday. I’ll post directions and photos on Tuesday!

You can also snap a free picture with Santa at City Lights, San Diego’s year-round Christmas wonderland, each Saturday between 12 and 4 p.m.

Bring your camera and capture a special moment with Santa at City Lights every Saturday through December 22nd, 12-4 p.m.

So where is your favorite San Diego Santa? Tell us with your comment below, and you will automatically be entered for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to City Lights, where you are sure to find something that will make your home a little more magical this Christmas.

8 thoughts on “Say Cheese, Santa

1. Arlene says:

Thanks Lea , we went last year when my son was a few months old and I was wondering if the decorations were the same each year ! Good to know !

2. Jennifer says:

Congrats Brianne! You are our $25 gift card winner 🙂

3. Dawn Moody says:

I can’t help but go to Fashion Valley and spend big bucks on the picture because I always get a great shot with a good looking santa there.

4. Christina says:

We love the Santa Lady at Seaport Village. Have been the last 3 years and will go again this year. Never a line and the kids always get entry of time with Santa. Also, Eileen, the Santa Lady, takes fantastic pictures of a very memorable experience!

5. Tiffany says:

SeaWorld is the best place to photograph with Santa because it’s not just about the photograph but also the experience for the children. Santa wasn’t just about taking the picture but he took the time to speak to my kids and made them laugh and they left feeling his magic. We also did a funny face picture which is really cute

6. Bernardo Winery! They let you take your own photos for free and sit with Santa and Mrs. Clause. They have also had carriage rides around the winery in the past. We will be going next week to see how it is this year.

7. Lea Thompson says:

Sorry I can figure out how to upload my photo..

8. Lea Thompson says:

We have been going to the Santa in Grossmont for 5 years LOVE them!
    we get the 5×7 and the CD with ALL the photos