One of San Diego’s most popular events of the year is happening this weekend; The Parent Connection Family Swap Meet! Hundreds of locals gather to sell their baby gear, toys and gently used clothing. After 8 years of being involved with this event, I’ve never met anyone who walked away without a treasure.
Here are a few important things you should know about this Saturday’s Family Swap Meet:
1. The most popular items tend to be BIG like play structures and yard toys. If you’re in the market for an item like this, be prepared to transport it.
2. The gates to the Family Swap Meet open at 8:30 a.m., but the line starts to form at 7! Hundreds of people will begin lining up early to ensure that they are among the first to get their hands on all of those bargains.
3. There are actually two entrances to the meet. One has a super long line. The other is much more reasonable. When you park, ask the attendant to point out the “other” line. 🙂
4. There is a $2 per person admission fee (12 and under are free), which is collected at the entrance.
5. The Swap Meet is CASH ONLY. But don’t just bring a wad of $20s. Bring small bills as well. You don’t want to miss out on a deal because your vendor didn’t have the ability to change out your large bills.
6. Can’t make it this weekend? Don’t worry! The Parent Connection Family Swap Meets have become so popular that they are now held three times a year. Look for the next one in June!
7. The Family Swap Meet is brought to you by the hard working volunteers (like me!) of the Parent Connection, a non-profit program of Scripps Memorial Hospital. While we love being known for bringing incredible bargains to local families, we are also expert at supporting local families by connecting them to playgroups and social events and by providing invaluable parenting workshops like how to potty train your child and the baby sleep training program. For more information about any of our programs, visit www.SanDiegoParent.com.
Parent Connection Family Swap Meet
Sunday, March 30, 2014
8:30am – 1:00pm
Canyon Crest Academy in Carmel Valley
5951 Village Center Loop Road
San Diego, CA 92130
Admission is $2 per person (under 12 years old free).
No pre-registration is required for attendees.