Wow, the price of everything seems to have gone up in the last year, but Costco’s San Diego County Fair pack costs the same. We bought this last summer and found it to be a terrific deal… 4 adult admissions, 50 ride tickets, one parking pass, 4 drink coupons and a coupon book that gave us great deals on all of the food we wanted to sample at the fair.
Here’s what you should know:
1. Children 5 and under are free every day!
2. Yes, you can bring your own food and drinks (sealed) into the fair.
3. During the Fair, free parking is available at three off-site lots, one that is open each day of the Fair and two that are open on weekends and July 4th. The buses drop off and pick up at the O’Brien “main” gate. On site parking is $10 (cash only) per car.
4. Families love the Pepsi-sponsored pay-one-price ride days when a $35 wristband allows for unlimited rides on select days. Head to your local Albertson’s to take advantage of a $5 wristband discount (with Pepsi purchase). Of course, the pay-one-price days will be the busiest as far as rides go.
5. The fair is more fun with friends! Get a group together to take advantage of great group sales rates like a $14 unlimited visit ticket.
6. Children 12 and younger get free admission to the fair on Kids’ Days (June 24th and July 1st) and any day of their choice if they participate in the reading certificate program. 5 and younger are free each day.
7. Sample fantastic and unusual fair foods for only $2 each during Taste of the Fair days (June 24th & July 1st). More than 100 fair food booths will participate in the popular promotion from the time the fair opens through 5 p.m.
The San Diego Fair is so much more than food and rides. Before you visit, be sure to view the daily schedule of activities to help plan your day. Catch (and even enter to win!) the different daily contests like pie-eating, bubble gum blowing and baby races. Visit the 4H exhibits, petting zoo, turkey stampede and pig races. Check out the equestrian contests and monster truck races. See the magic show, play bingo, visit the Creative Youth exhibit.
The Mom’s Guide to San Diego is giving away one Costco Fair Pack to one lucky reader. Please comment below with your favorite fair activity for kids to be entered for a chance to win. One winner will be selected on Tuesday, June 10th.