EGG-cellent Things to do with Kids this Saturday!

Your family can hop all over town this weekend to celebrate Easter. From Santee to San Marcos, cities across our county are planning “Egg-cellent” events.

beach easter bunny

I’m most excited about Santee Lake’s Spring Eggstravaganza because I’ll be there representing Close5. If you have time between the continuous egg hunts (for kids 8 & under), face painting, pony rides, carnival rides, games, crafts and petting zoo, come and visit the Close5 booth for a free flip book featuring your family! (great alliteration, right?)

Santee Lake’s Eggstravaganza will take place at Lake 5 on Saturday, April 4 from 9 am until 3 pm. Activity and ride tickets are $1 each, and there is a $5 fee to enter the lake area. But I’m giving away two VIP packages that include Easter hunt wristbands and 25 activity tickets, so enter to win by commenting here with your favorite Easter tradition. 🙂

canstockphoto5559696

The Kroc Church in La Mesa will host its own Free Easter Eggstravaganza. Enjoy visits and pictures with the Easter Bunny, bounce houses, arts and crafts, music, carnival games, and prizes. There’s a toddler zone for those under 3, and kis 4- to 11-years-old are invited to hunt for more than 17,000 eggs on the Kroc Center field! April 4, 10 am-1 pm. Egg hunt for ages 4-11. 6845 University Avenue. Visit www.kroccenter.org for more information.

In addition to its Easter Eggstravaganza, Coronado is also offering Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. At 9 a.m. on April 4th, families can enjoy pancakes, sausage and fruit, egg hunting, crafts and face painting. Tickets are $9-$11 and must be purchased in advance. Free egg hunts by age group at the Coronado Community Center start at 1 p.m. 1845 Strand Way. Call 619-522-7342 for more information and to order tickets.

canstockphoto23006313

Carlsbad’s EGGstravaganza Spring Festival includes an “egg scramble” hunt, arts and crafts and a Fun Zone with obstacle courses, a giant slide, bounce houses and games on Saturday, April 4th from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.. Free admission, but there is a $6 charge for activity cards and unlimited Fun Zone wristbands. Poinsettia Community Park, 6600 Hidden Valley Rd.

Solana Beach’s Spring Festival & Egg Hunt features treat-filled eggs, games and refreshments. April 4, 10:30 a.m. until Noon. Free! Third graders and younger only. La Colonia Park, 715 Valley Ave., Solana Beach.

canstockphoto25135454

San Marcos families can enjoy a pancake Breakfast with Peter Cottontail  followed by an Egg Scramble in the Park. The fun starts with breakfast at 8a.m. on April 4 followed by the egg hunt at 10:15 a.m. Cost is $5 per adult and $4 for children under 10. Walnut Grove Park, off Twin Oaks Valley Road.

The City of Encinitas will host a free egg hunt in Encinitas Community Park, 425 Santa Fe Drive. Easter Egg Hunt Festival in Encinitas will take place — when else? — this Saturday from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.

Happy hunting!

17 thoughts on “EGG-cellent Things to do with Kids this Saturday!

1. momsguide says:

Congratulations to Dorothy and Brandi, are two EGG-stra special winners! Happy Easter everyone, and thanks for sharing the beautiful and fun traditions!

2. Andrea Cameron says:

Santee Lakes is our favorite Easter tradition. We go every year and get pictures with a live bunny, both my girls do the egg hunt and my oldest LOVES the rides! My youngests favorite part is the pony rides.

3. Brooke H says:

My favorite tradition is Easter egg hunts!

4. candi Sinquimani says:

Our favorite tradition is church easter morning followed by making food shaped like carrots.. this will be our first year at the Santee egg hunt!!!

5. Cyndi Wirth says:

I like to put out paper bunny tracks/footprints that lead to an Easter egg hunt and a special easter basket. My little guys face lights up with excitement like the bunny rabbit really visited our house 🙂

6. raina fuller says:

my daughter is 2 and my son is 9 months, so new tradition is bunny feet going up our drive way into our house to where their baskets are. I have been getting her so excited for the Easter bunny she sometimes thinks its our bunny Thumper hahaha. new family, new traditions

7. Dena Stark says:

Egg decorating and Easter Service!

8. Clint Perry says:

Well, we here at The Boo Hoo Crew, will celebrate with our 3rd Annual Secret Show & Easter Egg Hunt. Only shared with members of our fan club at http://www.facebook.com/groups/boohoocrew any one can join the group free to find out where it is. 1000 Egg Hunt, Tumblegym Bus, a rockin Boo Hoo Crew Concert and tons of tasty treats from Chick Fil A, Rita’s, Ryan Bros. Coffee, Gaslamp Popcorn, Clif Kid, plus an Easter Dress exhibit and Pigtails & Crewcuts doing Easter braids and bows for girls. Super Fun and it’s gotten a little bigger each year. 🙂

9. Nancy Cruz says:

This will be our baby girls first year in which she can actually participate in the egg hunting! She can walk now., But I am looking forward to making this egg hunt event our yearly tradition!

10. Briana B says:

Every year the night before easter I get the plastic eggs and put glow in the dark bracelets in them and have them hunt for eggs in the dark. They have a blast. Then in the morning they have to go find their baskets. 🙂

11. Jessica O'Connor says:

We are a military family, and this is the first holiday that we won’t get to celebrate with our entire family, it will just be my husband, daughter, and myself. We plan on doing easter baskets first thing in the morning, egg hunting, and then having a home cooked brunch. We’ll then either enjoy a swim, or head to the drive-in theater, not really sure yet, but we’re going to enjoy family time while we still can before my husband deploys.

12. heather says:

Waking up Easter morning, and going out to hunt for eggs with my princess that the Easter bunny left for her

13. Brandi Smith says:

We started new traditions last year. We celebrate at home with our little family. It is a nice relaxing day.

14. One of my favorite Easter traditions in our household involves blending Greek Easter with Easter in the states. We start off with Easter baskets, and rather than filling them with candy we now fill them with outdoor games and activities for the upcoming spring to get my 6 and 3 year old outside in the spring weather! After church, we come home and enjoy a Greek Easter tradition, which is an egg cracking game- two people crack eggs, and tradition says who’s ever egg is not cracked will have great luck and prosper for the upcoming year. This is my daughters first easter, and this is a tradition brought by her great grandfather or “papou” in Greek. I’m so happy to see our family traditions live on for generations. After we crack eggs, we go outside for our egg hunt and to play with our new Easter basket outdoor toys. At 3pm we have our Easter feast which is a blend of Greek and American tradition- ham, lamb, kabobs, semmelknoedel, roasted veggies, potatoes, and a ton of desserts Including baklava and cheesecake! This is such an important holiday in my family, one filled with important tradition that I will ensure my own children carry on with their children!

15. Amy Ausderan says:

On Easter morning my son wakes up to a basket full of cool things…. The smile in his face is priceless! Then we head to Church to hear the word of God… This year is going to be extra special because my Dad agreed to attend Church with us! We have been trying to get him to go for several years! After Church, we usually head over to my aunt and uncles for a traditional Easter meal, egg hunt and a little swimming ( if it’s warm enough). Easter is my favorite holiday!!!!

16. Dorothy Arteaga says:

My husband and I put the Easter baskets together the night before and place them outside our door in the early morning before our girls wake up. I also put jelly beans in the toilet with a little note from the Easter bunny saying he had to use the restroom but he couldn’t reach the handle to flush it

17. Ruth McCallister says:

I love Easter egg hunting with my daughter and we have begun a tradition of celebrating Easter with our neighbors:)