If summer beach camping is on your family’s to-do list, pay attention. Reservations open 6 months in advance, so January 2nd at 8 a.m. will be your first opportunity to plan for July 2016.
For those with experience in trying to snag beach camp sites here in San Diego County, it can be tough. Last year I logged into the Reserve America site bright and early on the 2nd, but found that every weekend at our favorite state beach park, San Elijo was already booked for July.
San Diego County has 70 miles of beaches fronting the Pacific Ocean, and two large bays. But overnight tent camping is available in just two state park beaches (Carlsbad & San Elijo)-and only on designated bluff-top campgrounds, not the actual sand.
RVs can be rented and delivered to your selected campsite.
If you are thinking about summer beach camping, here are a few things you should know…
- Site Reservations open up 6 months in advance and on the first of the month at 8 a.m. (In January it’s the 2nd due to holiday)
- Plan ahead so that when you log into ReserveAmerica.com, you’re ready to go
- Visit this link for a list of current camping fees
- Reserve America says that there are no priority lists or perks for repeat customers; everyone has equal access to available sites when they go on sale
- Everything you ever wanted to know about camping in California can be found in this reservation guide