Fall is just around the corner, which means Halloween and the holiday season are not far behind. This can be an expensive season for many families. The National Retail Federation says the average family will spend more than $83 per person on Halloween and nearly $1,000 per family for holiday gifts.
San Diego families can save money by shopping resale at our county’s biggest kids’ consignment event. Just Between Friends Consignment Event is set for September 15-17 at the Scottish Rite Event Center in Mission Valley.
JBF offers a great way to save money and stay in budget! Shoppers can typically save 50 – 90% on everything they need for their families: clothing, shoes, toys, games, books, kids gear, baby equipment, furniture and much more.
Here are a few insider tips to help you get the most out of your shopping experience:
- Make a plan! Know what you are looking for before you start to shop and write down your children’s sizes! Make a list and bring it with you! It’s super easy to get distracted with all the great deals!
- Trace your child’s foot and cut it out to get an accurate measurement for shoe shopping.
- Visit the large item room first! Each large item will have a yellow tag. If you decide to buy that item, mark your name and phone and time on the top half of the tag and take the bottom half with you. After paying for the item, you can grab it on your way out.
- Test all electronics or battery-operated toys before purchasing as there are no returns. Ask any team member for help.
- Think about upcoming birthdays and holidays! JBF is a great place to stock up on gifts. There is a huge selection of brand new Melissa & Doug toys at 25-30% off retail – these make great gifts so stock up.
- Bring your own bags – the larger the better. Large IKEA bags are available on a first come first served basis, but bring your own just to be sure.
- When you get a full arm load, you can hold your purchases in the HOLD area and continue to shop.
- Shop with confidence! All items on our sales floor are checked to ensure they are safe and have not been recalled.
- Bring a friend! It’s always more fun to shop with a friend.
- Shop early! If you can, volunteer at the sale so you can shop the earliest and get the best deals. If not, get a prime-time shopping ticket for only $10 (prepaid.) Or better yet, enter here to win prime time shopping tickets!
Scottish Rite Event Center
1895 Camino Del Rio South
Thursday, September 14 6pm (Prime Time Shopping $10 pre-paid entry fee)
Friday, September 15 4pm-7pm ($3 entry fee)
Saturday, September 16 9am-6pm ($3 entry fee)
Sunday, September 17 9am-noon (Half price day, free admission)