Kicking off OCTOBER with the La Mesa OKTOBERFEST

Hold on to your lederhosen! La Mesa’s Oktoberfest is right around the corner, and we’ve got a pair of Hofbrauhaus Biergarten VIP Passes to give to one lucky Mom’s Guide reader.

photo credit: lamesaoktoberfest.org

You’ll feel like German royalty with your VIP entrance and front-of-the-line privileges, VIP restrooms and two complimentary biers!  Sounds like it’s time for a date night or mom’s night out, right?

Of course, German royalty comes in all ages—so if you don’t have a sitter, you can snag an Unter 21 Pass starting at just $5 so that your kinder VIPs can join you! La Mesa Oktoberfest features fun for all ages including a German kinder karneval complete with bubbles, bounce houses, balloon artists, giant slides, ferris wheel and more.

Don’t forget the dogs! Our family is looking forward to the wiener dog races and puppy fashion shows happening in Dackeldorf Dachshund Village. Bring your furry friend to the 3-day, Dackeldorf extravaganza. The first event starts at 5PM on Friday, October 4th.

photo credit: lamesaoktoberfest.org

We’re looking forward to visiting the ALL NEW, full service Palm Avenue Bier Hall with comfortable seating under a large shaded tent where we’ll order our favorite traditional German grub from lederhosen-dressed waitresses. Oh, and the GLÜCKLICH GAMES including the keg haul relay race, beer barrel roll and stein holding contest.

It was the largest Oktoberfest celebration west of the Mississippi that first brought us to the charming village of La Mesa, and now we call this wonderful city our home. We’d love to share it with you! Join us for a bier, food, live music, karneval & community!

For your chance to win a pair of Hofbrauhaus Biergarten VIP passes, simply comment on this post telling us whether you’ve ever been to La Mesa’s Oktoberfest before. We’ll pick our winner on Wednesday, October 2nd.

La Mesa Octoberfest in charming village of La Mesa

LaMesaOktoberfest.org

FRI OCT 4, 4PM – 10PM
SAT OCT 5TH, 10AM – 10PM
SUN OCT 6TH, 10AM – 6PM

13 thoughts on “Kicking off OCTOBER with the La Mesa OKTOBERFEST

1. Congratulations to our winner of two VIP Hofbrauhaus Biergarten Passes — Renee Beal! You’re going to have a great time at this weekend’s La Mesa Oktoberfest. 🙂 🙂 🙂

2. Nick Cresci says:

Leave a comment act the Liebermann legion

3. Audrey kirk says:

We went once years ago but not with kids! I’ll bet our kids would love this as much as we would!

4. Renee Beal says:

Vintage La Mesans would love to go to the Oktoberfest. My mom is of a certain age and would love to see the Polka dancers, music and festivities. I have German ancestry. It would be a memorable time for us.

5. Yvonne cuevas says:

It looks a great event to go! What just read in your article it’s a super family event. As you mention has activity for us adults🤩🍻, kids activity🤹‍♀️🎨🎪,🎈 and we even can take our dogs on the 3rday 🐶🐾. So hope to be there this year cause I never been to Oktoberfest 😁🎟️

6. Barbara says:

We have been going off and on for years, as often as we’re able. Haven’t been in a few years though and looking forward to seeing the changes since we’ve been last.

7. Jema says:

Never been but my neighbor is going. She already has her outfit!! Woud love to give theae passes to her because she is a single mom, working 2 jobs, and doing a GREAT job with her son. She deserves some VIP fun!!

8. Natalya says:

Not yet, would love to attend this year!

9. Brittany says:

We go every year it’s so much fun we are la Mesa locals. It’s a great non scary event for my little ones.

10. Gail Currier says:

I haven’t been to the La Mesa Oktoberfest but I’ve seen posts. Looks like a great time. Bratwurst, pretzels and the bier. Top it off with the ferris wheel. Would love to attend and see the festive tradition.

11. Jennifer says:

I’ve watched the La Mesa Oktoberfest grown over the years and it’s such a fun tradition! I’ve been a few times and look forward to going again this year.

12. Cara Hinchman says:

I have been going to La Mesa Oktoberfest for over 30 years, my absolute favorite neighborhood event!

13. Lesley Coe says:

I have never been the the La Mesa Oktoberfest and really want to! What a nice reminder of my family’s trip to Munich 2 years ago!